Dubai – The Second Annual Gulf Congress on Cybersecurity
ADDRESSING THE CURRENT AND FUTURE CYBER CHALLENGES AND RISKS TO BUILD A RESILIENT CYBERSPACE FOR THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, WITHIN ITS PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS.
As innovation in technology continues to grow rapidly, the vulnerabilities of cyberattacks increase.
▪ 150 million malware attacks in Q1 of 2019 have been reported in the Middle East and Africa region, representing an average of 1.6 million attacks per day, and an alarming 108% increase over Q1 2018 – Kaspersky Lab Report.
▪ 1.1 million instances of phishing and 23 million instances of malware have been experienced in the United Arab Emirates alone, in Q1 of 2019 – Kaspersky Lab Report.
▪ Every 11 seconds, one business will fall victim to a ransomware attack, by 2021 – Cybersecurity Ventures.
▪ Cybercrime damage will cost $6 trillion globally by 2021, up from $3 trillion five years ago – Cybersecurity Ventures.
▪ The UAE has witnessed robust digitalization in verticals like banking and financial services, the government sector, healthcare, and oil and gas industries, which has consequently triggered a higher risk of cyberattacks – ResearchAndMarkets.com.
As a result, investment on cyber security technologies has increased significantly in the UAE.
▪ It is projected that the Middle East and Africa cyber security market would reach USD 23.4 Bn by 2023, at an estimated CAGR of 11.9% – ResearchAndMarkets.com – and is expected to be valued at USD 66.5 billion by 2025 – Kaspersky Lab Report.
▪ UAE IT spending in areas such as cyber security, cloud computing, and smart services, is expected to increase by 8.7% by end of 2019 to a total of around $6.4 billion – Business Monitor International (BMI).
The Gulf Congress on Cyber Security (GCCS) provides a platform for qualified decision makers, CIOs, CISOs and CTOs coming from the government sector, banking, financial services, healthcare, oil and gas and other industries to meet and discuss the latest cybersecurity challenges and solutions, and learn how they can grow their organizations and protect them from the damages of potential cyberattacks.
WHAT MAKES GCCS DIFFERENT?
▪ The Gulf Congress on Cyber Security (GCCS) is the only platform in the world which offers cybersecurity solution providers pre-arranged one-on-one meetings with major qualified buyers from the Arab world.
▪ 60 Corporate Buyers with a combined budget of over 500 Million Dollars and ONLY 10 Solution Providers will be introduced to them. This format guarantees the best return on time and money investment.